Sunday, August 9, 2015

Where I Live

I live in the Pacific Northwest.  It used to be a quiet place, where farming and logging were the key industries.  Those industries have been replaced with tourism, real estate, and construction.  We are one of the fastest growing places in the United States.  I can't say that statistic thrills me.  I liked the quieter, slower life, with expansive farmlands, beautiful lakes and trees, and dirt roads.  I am a country girl at heart.  Those ole dirt roads and fields are being replaced by cookie cutter housing developments where the homes are on top of each other and every road is paved. The beautiful pine trees are being knocked over like dominoes to build more homes and roads.  

All that aside, I still seek out the beauty in creation that God provides for me every day.  It may take a little longer to find a quiet place but I so appreciate every beautiful moment when I find a place of solitude, to take in and capture the beauty that surrounds me.  















At my home, I enjoy my front porch, where I can sit in the cool of a Summer morning, drink my coffee, look at my flowers, and listen to the birds sing.  There is often a purple finch serenading me as I sip my coffee. For such a small bird, he has a beautiful song and he reminds me to find joy in the moment.  
















In the evenings, I enjoy beautiful sunsets off my front porch.  Tonight was no exception.  It was a beautiful skyline.  



I am blessed to live where I live.  I am thankful that God provides amazing beauty for me to enjoy and capture with my camera, and my heart.  I hope you take time each day to appreciate where you live and that you slow down long enough to see the beauty that surrounds you.

This blog is part of a blog circle.  Our theme for this month is Where I Live.  Please come back this week and read the posts of the others in my circle:  







Thanks for stopping by! 



5 comments:

Unknown said...

lovely photos and words Connie

Patricia @ Pollywog Creek said...

So lovely, Connie. One of my sons was a long distance trucker for a season and he raved about the beauty of the PNW. Now that my husband is retired, I'm hoping we will be able to see more of our country.

What Marty Sees said...

You live in such a beautiful place, Connie! It's a part of the country that I hope to get to explore one day.

Cindee Snider Re said...

Connie, if I lived there, I don't think I'd ever leave your porch! Beautiful!

Julie J said...

A beautiful glimpse at your little part of the world, Connie! Your photos are always so inspiring. I too, am a country girl at heart and would love to have that view from your porch. :)

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...